Your dental crown is an essential addition to your smile. When it comes to brushing and flossing your teeth, remember your dental crown! Your dental crown may not be subjected to cavities, but it can still have bacteria on the outside of the crown, which is why brushing and cleaning it each day is still an essential part of caring for your dental crown.
Our dentist cares about your oral health and is happy to help you with your dental crown needs. Plus, our team at Royal Dental Care is delighted to share some reminders about how to care for your dental crown.
Here are some tips and tricks to taking care of your dental crown:
– Brushing: If you have a dental crown in place, you will need to brush your teeth twice every day.
– Mouthwash: Use mouthwash to rinse out your mouth after eating to ensure that food particles and debris do not stick to your dental crown.
– Knocked Out: If a dental crown is ever knocked loose, visit our dentist to have it reapplied. Cover the vulnerable area with a cotton swab until you can get to our practice.
– Gentility: Exercise caution when brushing your dental crown, and never press too hard.
– Flossing: Floss between your crown and other teeth to make sure your gums are kept safe from plaque and bacteria buildup.
If your dental crown becomes damaged or loose, be sure to call us right away at 503-554-6714 to get it repaired or replaced. Dr. Marco Gutierrez and his dental team are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your dental crowns in Newberg, Oregon. We look forward to seeing you some.